Monday, November 14, 2016

Introduction: Why Fix Pokémon Go?


No game is perfect, but we should strive perfection. I love Pokémon, and I love what Niantic has created, but they can only do so much. I want to help them make the best game by pitching in ideas. They may not read it, but I want players to know what concepts are great additions to this game. Who knows, Niantic might listen.

In September 2015, Nintendo announced the game Pokémon Go. As I read this news, I got excited. For the first time, I was able to play a legitimate Pokémon game. I was not raised in a well-to-do family, so I never experienced having a Gameboy or a Nintendo DS. The first Pokémon game I played was Pokémon Gold, and it was on an emulator when I was 12. I didn't play a Generation III game until I was 14, again in an emulator.

By September 2015, I was already in working in my first year. I just bought a new, wallet-friendly smartphone, so that news excited me. I waited for 10 months, and then it was unexpectedly released. It only became available in our country 1 month after it got released but honestly, now that I think about it, that's okay.

During the first month of the game, people complained about servers going down, and the tracking system not working anymore. The game was buggy, which was not surprising. By the time it got to our country, the servers are already stable, the three step system is already gone, and most of the hype in the US is already gone. The gyms are filled with high level Pokémon that came from local players that used GPS spoofers to play in other countries.

Fast forward 3 months, many things have changed. Nests migrate regularly, gyms are less likely to stay at a high level, new additions like Buddy Pokémon, Catch Bonuses, Daily Rewards, and Appraisal system. Still the game is not perfect.

I had the idea of making this blog because I had so many ideas in fixing this game, and got inspired by the channel in YouTube called Trainer Tips. He suggested many ideas in fixing this game, most I will definitely echo, and I'll reference his videos from time to time, but I will add my personal additions. You should check the channel out, it's pretty interesting.

I'm going to soft start this blog by posting many pitches as I can before publicly share this blog to all. If you happen to stumble upon this, feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment